Distinct Home Inspections prides itself on supporting your need for an honest and competent home inspection service. Our comprehensive service includes:
- Pre-Listing Inspections
- Inspection Summary Reports
- Residential Inspections
- Pre-Delivery Inspections
- Tarion Inspections
- Unlimited Post Inspection support
A Typical Inspection will last approximately 2 ½ – 3 hours.
As InterNACHI member, we must adhere to InterNACHI’s Standards of Practice (SOP) we will attempt to inspect all of the following (when accessible):
- Roofing & Chimney– Flashing, Skylights, Roofing Materials, Soffit & Fascia, Exterior Ventilation
- Roof Drainage – Gutters, Down pipes & Extensions
- Garage & Carports – Driveway, Carport & Garage
- Exterior & Additions – Walls, Windows, Foundation walls, Water Penetration, Structural, Decks, Balconies, Patio, Retaining walls.
- Lots & Grounds – Grading & Environmental
- Electrical – Main service, Distribution & Main Panel.
- Plumbing – Water Supply, Functional flow, Hot water output, Waste System & Domestic Hot Water.
- Heating & A/C – Energy Supply, Flue Pipes, Distribution, Filters & Humidifiers.
- Basement & Crawl Space – Support Columns, Floor Drainage, Ceilings & Floors.
- Water Penetration & Basement – General Dampness, Ventilation, Basement Structure & Sump Pump.
- Laundry & Wet Bars – Appliances & Plumbing
- Kitchen & Appliances – Appliances, Cabinets, Ventilation & Plumbing.
- Fireplaces & Safety Devices – GFCI’s, Smoke Detectors & CO Detectors.
- General Interior Finishes – Ceilings, Walls, Floors, Stairs, Railings, Windows & Skylights.
- Attic & Ventilation – Framing, Moisture intrusion & Ventilation.
- Summarize issues to be addressed
- Make recommendations for corrections of safety hazards.
- Point out the positive aspects of the home.